Another baby born inside the baby was surgically removed


A team of doctors removed another baby born inside a baby at Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital in Gazipur. On Saturday (July 6), the assistant professor of the pediatric surgery department of the hospital. Doctors led by Shankar Chandra Das performed this rare surgery. The child is doing well after the surgery.

The name of the 8-month-old child is Abdullah. His father Emran Hossain works in a garment factory. His house is in Bikebari area of ​​Mirzapur Union of Gazipur Sadar Upazila. This is her first child.

Dr. Shankar Chandra Das says, Fetus in fitu is a congenital problem that does not occur very often. Which can be found in one in every five lakh births. Fewer than two hundred such incidents have occurred worldwide. In reality it is a situation where a child is born inside another child. Few such patients have been operated in the country. And this is the first such surgery in Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital.

He also said that when the baby arrives in the mother’s womb, i.e. at the very beginning after the egg is fertilized, a baby is usually born from cell division. But if the cells split into two equal parts at some stage of cell division, two twins can be born. But when cells divide unequally into two parts, a healthy baby is usually born from the part with more cells, and another baby starts growing from the part with fewer cells. But at a later stage, all the organs of the baby are not formed properly. This baby later enters the healthy baby’s body and feeds through the blood vessels of the healthy baby’s body to survive. This second baby is called the fetus in fitu.

Another baby born inside the baby was surgically removed

This fit-in-fit baby does not develop a normal brain. In most cases, the bones of the spine are formed. Small hands and feet are formed. Other organs are not formed properly.

In 80% of cases, this fetus in fitu child is located inside the stomach of a healthy child. In the remaining 20% ​​of cases, the child may be located in the chest, abdomen, head, mouth, scrotum or behind the anus. The child’s fetus in fetus was attached to his anus in the sacrococcygeal region area.

The child’s father, Emran Hossain, said that after the child was born, an ultrasonogram was done at a local clinic. The condition of the child could not be diagnosed there. Later, when the baby was delivered by caesarean section at the hospital, they found what looked like a lump of flesh near the child’s anus. Later, on the advice of a local doctor, pediatric surgery specialist Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmed Medical College Hospital assistant professor Shankar Chandra Das took the responsibility of treating the child. Later, the child underwent surgery at the same hospital on Saturday.

During the two-hour surgery, associate professor Dr. Habib Salim Khawaja, Assistant Professor of Surgery Samsul Huda, Associate Professor Dr. Monirul Islam, assistant professor Moinul Hossain Chowdhury and specialist doctors of surgery, anesthesia, ICU department were present.

Aminul Islam/FA/MS