Getting married at a community center requires an income tax return

Many people hire community centers or convention halls to get married by inviting relatives. Weddings, birthdays, circumcisions, meetings, seminars, reunions or any social events are also organized in these places. That happiness will ebb now.

Proof of income tax return should be shown while availing community center, convention hall or similar services. Finance Minister Abul Hasan Mahmud Ali has given this proposal in the proposed budget for the fiscal year 2024-25. He presented the budget proposal for the fiscal year 2024-25 in the National Parliament on Thursday.

From July 1, 2023, proof of return submission has been made mandatory in respect of 43 services. These are-

1. Taking a loan of more than 20 lakh rupees despite having no taxable income;

2. To become a director or entrepreneur shareholder of a company;

3. To obtain and maintain import or export registration certificates;

4. Obtaining and renewing trade licenses in city corporations or municipal areas;

5. To take registration of cooperative societies;

6. To be a general insurance registered surveyor and on obtaining and renewing licences;

7. In the sale or lease or transfer or registration of deed or deed of sale or lease or transfer of land, building or apartment of Tk 10 lakh in city corporation, municipality and cantonment board area;

8. Obtaining and maintaining credit cards;

9. To obtain and maintain membership of a recognized professional body as a doctor, dentist, lawyer, chartered accountant, cost and management accountant, engineer, architect or surveyor or similar profession;

10. to maintain certification or appointment as Nikah Registrar under the Muslim Marriages Act, Hindu Marriage Registrar under the Hindu Marriage Registration Act and Registrar under the Special Marriage Act;

11. Admission and maintenance of membership of trade bodies or professional bodies;

12. Obtaining and renewing Medicines or Drug Certificates, Fire Certificates, Environmental Clearances, BSTI Certificates and Clearances;

13. To obtain and maintain commercial and industrial gas connections and to obtain and maintain residential gas connections in City Corporation areas;

14. Acquiring and maintaining survey certificates of any type of vessels operated for hire including launches, steamers, fishing trawlers, cargoes, coasters;

15. Obtaining and renewing a brick manufacturing permit from the Department of Environment or the office of the District Commissioner;

16. Enrollment of child or pet in English medium school in City Corporation, District Headquarter or Municipality;

17. Obtaining or maintaining electricity-connection in City Corporation or Cantonment Board areas;

18. obtaining and maintaining company agency or distributorships;

19. To obtain and maintain licenses for firearms;

20. Open letters of credit for import purposes;

Getting married at a community center requires an income tax return

21. To open a savings account of more than 5 lakh rupees in the post office;

22. To open and maintain fixed deposits exceeding Tk 10 lakh;

23. For purchase of savings paper above 5 lakh rupees;

24. To participate in municipal, upazila, zilla parishad, city corporation or national parliament elections;

25. To participate in partnership economic activities by providing motor vehicles, space or space, accommodation or other resources;

26. in receipt of salaries and allowances of persons working in managerial or administrative or supervisory positions in production activities;

27. In receipt of salaries and allowances of government employees;

28. Receiving commissions, fees or any other payment on mobile banking and mobile phone recharge;

29. receiving payment from any company for advisory or consulting services, catering services, event management services, manpower supply, security personnel supply services;

30. Receiving more than 16 thousand rupees per month from the government through MPO membership;

31. Registration or renewal of insurance company agency;

32. Registration, change of ownership or renewal of fitness of motor vehicles other than two-wheeler or three-wheeler;

33. Release foreign grants in favor of NGOs registered with the Bureau of NGO Affairs or microfinance institutions certified by the Microcredit Regulatory Authority;

34. in the sale of goods or services to consumers residing in the country using digital platforms;

35. In applying for membership of any club registered under the Companies and Societies Act;

36. When submitting tenders for supply of goods, execution of contracts or provision of services;

37. receiving goods or services from any company or firm;

38. Filing bill of entry for import or export of goods;

39. Submit building design for approval of Capital Development Authority (RAJUK), Chittagong Development Authority (CDA), Khulna Development Authority (KDA), Rajshahi Development Authority (RDA), Gazipur Development Authority, Cox’s Bazar Development Authority or other concerned authorities of the City Corporation or Municipality;

40. To maintain registration and certificate as a vendor or deed writer of stamps, court fees and cartridge paper;

41. To open and maintain bank accounts of Trusts, Funds, Foundations, NGOs, Microfinance Institutions, Societies and Co-operative Societies;

42. In the case of a house owner while taking a tenancy or lease from a person in a city corporation area;

43. In the case of that supplier or service provider in the supply of goods or services on behalf of a particular person.