Fire broke out in Shebachim hospital, medicine-saline was burnt

A fire broke out in the store room of the Kidney Dialysis Department of Barisal Sher-e Bangla Medical College Hospital (Shebachim). At this time, the patient and relatives ran out of the ward in fear. However, although no casualties were reported, some medicines and saline were burnt.

The incident took place on the third floor of the hospital on Tuesday (June 4) evening. After receiving information, two units of fire service went and brought the fire under control.

Eyewitnesses said that suddenly smoke was seen coming out of the store room. Then there is panic among the patients. Many people left the hospital at that time.

Hospital director Saiful Islam said that suddenly there was a fire inside the store room. An electrical short circuit can occur. However, there was no damage.

He also said that a three-member investigation committee headed by Deputy Director Moniruzzaman Shaheen has been formed in this incident. The committee has been asked to submit its report within the next three days.

Assistant Director of Barisal Fire Service Mohammad Belal Uddin said, we got the news at 6.28 pm and went to the spot with two units. I went and saw that the dialysis store room of kidney department was locked, but smoke was coming out from inside. We were able to cut the lock and open the store room to put out the fire.

He also said that medicines, saline were kept here. Something is burnt. As the power line is very old, short circuit can cause fire.

Shaun Khan/EA